We take our sustainability responsibilities extremely seriously and have achieved high recognition as a result:
- We have been ranked 4th out of 154 in the UK’s greenest universities in the 2017 People & Planet University League
- We were the first English University to achieve EcoCampus Platinum status in June 2010, and the second to gain ISO14001:2015 for all our campuses
- We achieved Responsible Futures accreditation from the NUS for our whole institution approach to social responsibility and sustainability
- We have been Green Gown finalists in 8 categories over the last 3 years, Bike loan scheme winners 2014. The Green Gown Awards, run by the Environmental Association for Universities and Colleges (EAUC) and now in their eleventh year, recognise ‘exceptional sustainability initiatives’ being undertaken in universities and colleges across the UK, and are regarded as the most prestigious recognition of best practice within the sector.
- International Green Apple Award winners for Environmental best practice 2017, in for two projects; A City Council and University recycling collaboration, and Go Green Week in the City.
- We were a Higher Education Academy Green Academy first cohort participant
- Accredited with FairTrade status since 2008
Tuesday, 14 November 2017
The University of Worcester has been ranked in the top four most sustainable universities in the country.
Wednesday, 08 November 2017
Two initiatives to encourage recycling and sustainability have been recognised in the international Green Apple Environment Awards.
Thursday, 13 July 2017
The University of Worcester has shown once again that it is leading the way in the drive towards sustainability with its shortlisting in three national environmental awards.